Becoming a caregiver for seniors is not only a career but a calling as well. It takes someone special with a loving touch to care for individuals who are already in their sunset years. It means considering the seniors’ physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
Mom’s Home Care is hiring great caregivers. We are looking to hire caring, compassionate people who can offer personal care to seniors who prefer to remain in their own homes for as long as they can. Our clients live in Los Angeles, CA, and surrounding areas and they expect quality services from experienced and honest caregivers.
Are you a personal care attendant or a home health assistant? Would you like to touch elderly lives through compassionate care and heartfelt assistance everyday? Join us and start your career with our team of caregivers today. We offer competitive caregiver pay rates to all our employees.
Who We Are
Mom’s Home Care is a nationally recognized home care agency. We were recently awarded an Employer of Choice award by Home Care Pulse and a Leader in Excellence award, which is usually given to only the top 10% agencies countrywide. Our caregivers are highly qualified and responsive, homecare experts. We regard aging from a balanced, positive approach that is based on the changing needs of the elderly.
We have trained caregivers who assist seniors with their daily living activities. We are dedicated to providing support services to older adults to allow them to maintain independent, healthy, and happy lives within their own homes. Our staff is continuously trained to ensure they provide the client with the best attention and care. Above all, we recognize the importance of providing seniors with an environment full of respect and love.
We need to hire Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA) and caregivers who are available to work full time. We offer services to clients in Los Angeles, West LA, Beverly Hills, South Bay Areas, Marina Del Ray, and San Fernando Valley. Compared to other agencies, we offer higher pay rates, and our full-time employees enjoy additional benefits. Our hourly pay rates range from $14 dollars to $17 dollars depending on your experience, shift, and case requirements. Our clients give us great reviews because they love us.
What We Do
We are a team of professionals dedicated to caring for the elderly, making their lives more manageable and improving their quality of life. We offer a wide range of non-medical services that cover all the crucial areas of life. Our services include:
- Caring for clients with Dementia, Stroke, Parkinson’s disease or Alzheimer’s: We understand that these conditions can be debilitating, and patients need assistance to perform basic daily tasks. We assist them in bathing, grooming, medication, doctor’s visits, nutrition, and cooking, running errands, and toileting.
- Companionship: We keep our clients socially active and their minds engaged through stories, reading, playing board games, watching movies, and any other activities they enjoy doing.
- Errands and shopping: For the elderly, driving around to run errands may not be safe. Our caregivers run errands on behalf of our clients. These errands include grocery shopping, picking prescriptions from drug stores, library returns, picking up food from a restaurant, and other errands that the client may need.
- Personal care: We assist our clients in maintaining proper hygiene and grooming. We help them with shaving, flossing and brushing, bathing, dressing, clipping nails, and combing their hair.
- Toileting: Since our clients are seniors, toileting may sometimes be a challenge. We have to ensure that the toilets are clean, accessible, safe, and usable. We keep the paths free of any hazards and ensure that they are well lit. If they are unable to use the toilet, we clean their commodes and bedpans, and empty catheters.
- Housekeeping: We offer light cleaning services. We keep our clients’ houses clean by vacuuming, sweeping, dusting, mopping, washing the laundry, and other essential housekeeping duties.
- Meal preparation: Not only do we take care of the physical body, but we also care about our clients' nutrition. We help our clients prepare menu plans and cook for them healthy meals that meet their medical and dietary needs. We ensure that they take enough, healthy, and nutritious food.
- Medical reminders: We manage our clients' medication by maintaining their pillboxes, administering oral medications, documenting the medication routine, and recording any side effects.
- Hospital sitting: We offer customized, round the clock care to our clients who are admitted to the hospital. We make their hospital stay as comfortable as possible. We run their errands, we entertain them and most importantly, monitoring their vital signs and communicating the same to the doctors and the clients' family.
- Live in care: Our trained caregivers live in the home with clients who would otherwise need to be in a nursing facility. We help clients to live in their own home, in a familiar environment, and close to their family and loved ones. We keep them close to their community and where possible, maintain their interests and hobbies.
- Long-term care insurance: We assist our clients in purchasing long-term care insurance, which helps them live independently and comfortably. The insurance protects the seniors against spending all their savings on medical care.
Why Mom’s Home Care is the Leading Employer of Professional Caregivers
- Flexible schedules: We understand you have a life away from this critical Therefore, we will work together to create a schedule that works for you.
- Higher pay: We value your great work! You will enjoy that above average pay rates and benefits as well as paid sick days and overtime. The hourly pay rate for a full-time shift is $14-$17.
- Reliable paychecks: Our organized billing system will always pay you every two weeks.
- Client-caregiver matching: We purposely match you to the right clients based on your preferences and skillset.
- Paid training: We pay for your mandatory 5 hours of training per year.
- Organized office staff: You have access to care managers round the clock, and the systematic management software to organize and view your client details and shifts.
- Excellent reviews: Check out our reviews on Yelp! Mom’s Home Care is a favorite for both clients and caregivers.
- Other benefits: We offer reimbursements for Live Scan, health insurance for our full-time employees, 401k, referral bonuses, and gift cards giveaways.
At Mom’s Home Care, we ensure that all our clients receive the respect and the highest quality of service they deserve. We are looking for reliable, hardworking, compassionate, and caring individuals who will passionately provide hourly, overnight, and live-in non-medical home care for the elderly. We are interested in hiring individuals who are focused on building and nurturing relationships.
We take pride in providing job opportunities to hundreds of caregivers while our clients are cared for in their own homes. We are looking for professional, experienced caregivers who will join our team and make a difference in the lives of seniors and their families. To ensure client and employee safety, you must comply with the following application requirements:
- A minimum of 2 years of verifiable caregiving experience
- Valid identification documents and work license
- Dependable transportation
- TB clearance
- A high school diploma
What We Require for the Position
Working with the elderly in their homes is based on trust. Our clients must be able to trust you with their lives and their property. They need to feel secure in their homes in the knowledge that their caregiver can provide the care they need professionally. As part of our team, you will need to comply with the following requirements:
- Submit to a tuberculosis test and Live Scan background clearance
- Register with the state as a home care assistant
- Complete our agency training program
Why Work for Mom’s Home Care?
As an agency, our clients trust us to provide them with caregivers to assist them or their loved ones. We understand that it is a privilege to be invited into a person's home and be entrusted with their care. Whether it is companionship, full-time personal care assistance, or homemaking, we are dedicated to changing the lives of the elderly.
Working for Mom's Home Care is not only a rewarding experience, but it also comes with several benefits. Here are some of the reasons why you need to be part of our great team:
- Our pay rates and benefits are above average compared to the average rates in the industry
- We try to allocate you jobs that fit your schedule
- We aim at reducing your travel distance to below 10 miles
- We will provide you with health insurance if you are an eligible full-time employee
- Your sick days are paid
- We have recognition programs such as monthly raffles and employee of the month
- Our mode of payment is bi-weekly paychecks; direct deposits are also available
- You get an opportunity to advance
- You get opportunities for a referral bonus
- We reimburse your Live Scan costs
- We pay for your mandatory annual training
Responsibilities of a Caregiver
We invite you to join our community of home caregivers. Are you looking for a job that is rewarding and gratifying? Do you want work that gives you joy and a feeling of accomplishment? Are you a caregiver but you feel overburdened by caring for many patients at a time? Would you prefer to spend time building relationships with your clients, or routinely handling multiple patients? If you have a past as a caregiver, and you love working with people, you can be a full-time caregiver at Mom’s Home Care.
Your responsibilities as a caregiver may include:
- Assisting our clients with routine personal care activities such as toileting, bathing, dressing, oral care, and grooming
- Providing the necessary assistance with daily life activities
- Medication reminders
- Planning appointments
- Light housekeeping chores such as dishes, vacuuming, and laundry
- Planning, cooking and serving meals
- Assistance with walking, transfers, and other physical activities
- Assistance with transportation for errands, shopping, appointments, and other activities
- Providing positive, encouraging, cheerful assistance, and companionship at all times
- Accompanying and driving clients to social engagements and appointments
- Running errands and shopping
- Caring for the clients’ pets
- Assisting with organizing and paying bills
Join Mom’s Home Care and be part of a team that makes a difference in the life of a senior in your community.
Our Screening Process
It is our duty as a home care agency to hire only the best for the job. Our clients want the assurance that their caregivers have undergone the basic screening before being hired. Our screening process has six main features:
A detailed application process
We require more than your resume. Fill out a detailed application that includes your personal characteristics, your motivation to apply, and experience in providing senior care. Once your application is reviewed, you will be invited for a face-to-face interview.
After your application is approved, an interview will be set up to cross-check your answers. This allows the interviewer to understand what you are like clearly. Different interviewers can interview you to get different viewpoints about you. During the interview, the interviewer will check your presentation, experience, and communication skills. The interviewer will also assess your personality traits to ensure that there is a proper match between you and the clients. You must prove that you are not only compassionate but also dependable at work.
Validating your experience
We will contact people who know you as a professional and at a personal level to verify information about you. We will also contact the agency you worked with previously as well as the person you cared for. You should provide three personal and three professional references.
Comprehensive background checks
We conduct background checks on all potential caregivers. Each caregiver must be vetted because they work alone with seniors who are often vulnerable. Background checks verify things like your identification, work permits, Live Scan fingerprint clearance, and TB test.
You must demonstrate that you have the skills required. The assessment involves a practical demonstration or an all-inclusive homecare-specific exam. The aim of the assessment is to test your knowledge of skills related to the aging process, homecare, and the necessary cognitive skills.
Once you meet all the requirements, you can participate in our special caregiver orientation. We will introduce you to our culture, and review the national and state requirements of homecare policies and procedures. You will be regularly trained on client safety, client rights, and home care.
Join Mom’s Home Care Near Me
Caregivers are the most critical people in our business. At Mom’s Home Care, we value our caregivers. Without them, we would not be able to serve our clients as we do. Are you passionate about caring for seniors? Are you willing to provide the elderly with respectful, dignified care? We are looking for you. If you would like to apply for a position at Mom’s Home Care, please call us today at 323-244-4789, apply directly, or view available jobs below.
- Zip Recruiter – (https://www.ziprecruiter.com/candidate/search?search=hiring_company_id%3A%22de8dbb62%22)
- Indeed – (https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Moms-Home-Care-2/jobs)
- Glassdoor – (https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Mom-s-Home-Care-EI_IE1704522.11,26.htm)
To apply please email us your resume or click on the link below to submit your information: